Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Alt Op #21, still pushing kittens. Getting desperate!!

Anybody want a free kitten? Really! I’ve got two cute little boy kitties that desperately need a home. Well, okay. It’s really me that’s desperate for them to find a new home. I need to get them out of my “office” so I can clean it up! I need to at least get the litter box clean long enough for the smell to go away! Please somebody! Adopt these kittens!!

Other news of import, to me anyway. The writers club I belong to, the Silver Leos Writers Guild, is having a conference the first week end in June. That would be the weekend after next. The week end after that I’ll be heading up to Milwaukee, Wisconsin with Coop and another lady for that conference on Growing Power. I think I mentioned that last week. Then, sometime in the last week of June, I’m sure the LOTFD will open up the fireworks stand north of Lone Oak on 69. Looks like I’m going to be a very busy camper this June.

As for my opinion this week. . . I’m just glad that the storms we’ve had so far haven’t hit us like they did Joplin or the other cities that have been half destroyed by twisters so far this year. I read on the internet where some meteorologists and climatologists are blaming this outbreak of storms on the sudden disappearance of La Nina. Sorry, folks I don’t know how to make this computer make that little squiggle mark over the ‘n’ so you know its Spanish for ‘little girl’. Seems this sudden warming of the currents down in the southern Pacific has played hob with the jet stream. The jet steam usually is further north this time of year, well away from the hot damp air we tend to develop down here in the south. So now all that cool dry air is rubbing up against the hot, wet winds off of the Gulf. Add to that the fact the temperature in the Gulf has been reported as being a bit warmer than usual as well and BINGO! We got big storms from Texas, up through the plains into the north east.

Honestly, I’d already noted that the jet stream was lingering down south several weeks ago while watching the weather reports on TV.

My only other opinion is that I wish the rain, much as it is needed, would conspire to give us a long enough dry spell so I could mow my front yard again and finish the electric fence I’ve started in my back yard so that my goats can do the mowing back there. Why not a regular fence you may ask? Simple, I don’t think any other fence that I could move as easily would keep those escape artists in. I’ve had them, as kids, go right through cattle panels after they pulled or stomped down the wire netting I had over it. I’ve had them push their way under and climb over. I’ve even had to save their silly necks a number of times when they were older and got their heads through a cattle panel but then were too dumb to figure out how to get it back out. The horns got in the way. Yeah, they still have horns. They are pygmy goats after all and those horns come in handy as something to grab when they do get out. At least they do until the goat in question catches on that if you grab those horns you’ve got them and they are going back in the pen. Fortunately, when that happens there is always the old stand by. The feed bucket. Works on goats as well as it does horses or cows. Never did get that bucket trick to work very well on Chickens.

Say, really. Anybody want one or two little boy kittens? One is yellow with white paws and chest. The others more orange with no white on him. Come on. Give me a break. Come get a kitten already. Please. Then Momma can take a trip to Cause for Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment