Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 13, 2011

New (used) Vehicle, at LAST!

Well, folks, most of you have been reading here that I have been wishing and drooling over trucks and SUV’s because my old truck was acting up, and my left knee was not handling having to use the clutch very well. What’s a poor ol’ country gal to do?

This one waited until her IRA rolled over and went hunting for something better. Okay, so even with my IRA I couldn’t afford much. Darn sure couldn’t afford one of them whiz bang electric cars! Trouble is they just don’t make the kind of hybrid or electric vehicle I really would want. I’d want a truck, or something like one of course. Something that I could use to haul at least a couple or more square bails, and at least four to six, fifty pound sacks of feed. Haul those things all the way out to the barn, and then haul a two horse trailer full of horses, or goats, or whatever out. Maybe even be able to pull a flat bed loaded with an electric/solar powered tractor and bush hog. Yeah! Now your talking!

Sigh. Pipe dreams all, I know. But a gals gotta dream.

Sometimes dreams at least sorta come true.

I found myself a nifty little Hyundai Santa Fee at that new Hyundai place up in Greenville. The one next door to the big Wal-Mart super center. Hot diggity did I get a good deal. A 2005 Santa Fee with all kinds of add-on’s that I didn’t have to pay for. The original buyer did that, bless his or her little pea-pickin’ heart. Then they turned around and sold the thing back to the Hyundai folks who checked it out, fixed what needed fixing and sold it to me. From what the Car-fax report shows they didn’t have to do much to it other than detail it and spiffy it up.

The things got more stuff on it than I’ve ever had on my own car before. Stuff I’ve regularly pooh-poohed as being totally unnecessary. Yep, it’s very unnecessary, but that seat warmer sure felt real good this morning when it was cold. Having a seat that will slid back so all I have to do to get out is turn around, set my feet on the ground and get up . . . Now that is luxury! Especially as, when I get back in, I can just push the same button the other way and it slides up snug to the steering wheel so I don’t have to reach for it, or the pedals.
Oh, it’s got some stuff I’ll likely never use, I’m sure. There’s supposed to be a dingus on it that will learn to open your garage door or even your house! I don’t have a garage or a remotely operable lock on my front door. Don’t plan to get them either.

But that moon roof now! That will be soooo nice this spring when it gets warmer. There is even a luggage rack on the top of the thing! Guess what I’m thinking of hauling up there! Bet it’d hold at least two square bails, maybe three.

Got to talk with the salesman and his boss a little about things other than me buying a vehicle from them during this process. Seems they, and likely every other car dealer is hurting because of the spike in gas prices and the dip in the economy. Sigh. It’s bad all over, alright. Heck, the only reason I can “afford” this vehicle is the money I stashed in that 401K at work and then rolled over into an IRA when I went on Disability. If not for the fact that I had that, and never touched it until now, I couldn’t have gotten this new toy.

So tell ya what folks. Those of you who can afford a new or used vehicle, and happen to be looking for one go on by North Texas Hyundai, there by Wal-Mart in Greenville. Check them out. The folks are real nice and the vehicles are good. Best of all Hyundai’s tend to have good MPG. Tell’m I sent ya. I might make some money if you buy one. Gotta rebuild that IRA somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment